Corporate Social Responsibility
Wellington has been awarded a Silver Medal for its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) practices from EcoVadis.
What is Corporate Social Responsibility:
- A concept whereby companies integrate social and environmental concerns into their operations and their interaction with their stakeholders.
- This is through transparent and ethical behaviour on a voluntary basis.
Who is EcoVadis:
- Is an online platform that provides CSR ratings and scorecards.
- It provides companies a common basis to assess suppliers.
- It provides companies with a recognised CSR rating to promote their brand.
- To date, they have assessed over 50,000 companies worldwide.
- This required Wellington to complete a question on CSR and provide supporting documentation.
- The assessment focused on 4 themes:
- Labour & Human Rights
- Sustainable Procurement
- Wellington was awarded a Silver Medal by EcoVadis in recognition of its CSR performance.
- Our performance put us in the top 19% of companies assessed by EcoVadis in our industry sector.