Wellington Drive Technologies is a high-tech manufacturing company with a global footprint. Our equipment monitoring and proximity marketing solutions are used by major food and beverage brands, and refrigeration equipment manufacturers worldwide.
Wellington’s passion is developing great refrigeration products that make our customers’ products better. We manufacture connected subsystems for commercial refrigeration that provide configurable, energy-saving thermostatic control, and asset-tracking and performance analysis, via integrated cloud analytics.
Wellington has offices in four countries, with a dispersed team across 12 countries, and manages supply chain, logistics and R&D for our family of hardware and software products from our headquarters in Auckland, New Zealand,
As the world moves ever faster to the delivery of reliable digital services and experiences, Wellington’s business is further evolving to support the changing needs and priorities of our broadening customer base.
We now have a career opening for an Application Specialist, with a minimum of two years’ related work experience, to join our Product Management Team.
This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial and creative technical professional who wants to learn and grow with a company that has strong focus on developing unique technical solutions for a variety of customer needs.
What you will do:
- As the Application Specialist, you will ultimately be responsible for building company-wide knowledge of IoT products and supporting the Business Analysts and Product Owners in managing the product roadmap.
- Be the main contact point supporting internal Application Engineers and the Sales team in the use of Wellington’s IoT (Internet of Things) platforms, support applications and hardware.
- Participate in specification, design, documentation, improvement and maintenance of internal processes and practices related to development and management of IoT products.
Successful candidate profile:
- Entrepreneurial self-starter – willing to flex the job definition to ensure success, as demonstrated by attitude and previous experience.
- Creative mindset – the ability to build a vision that enhances customer value and strengthens the company’s position in the marketplace.
- Growth focused approach – seeks learning by trying and focuses on prototyping and failing fast to drive business decisions.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Strategic thinker – focused on execution, with the ability to balance technical and business requirements.
- A skilled communicator – who can engage, influence and inspire others, achieving buy-in to collaboration and alignment.
- Self-aware when it comes to taking ownership and personal accountability.
The Application Specialist role covers three key areas –
- Requirements specification
- Configuration and setup
Ideally, the successful candidate will have key competencies and skills in the following:
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, with ability to manage multiple concurring tasks effectively – keeping your cool in sometimes varying states of uncertainty and chaos.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills, including failure mode identification of technical and procedural natures.
- Handling large amounts of data, including some processing and displaying of information.
- Proficient in requirement capture and documentation, including the use of issue tracking systems (e.g. Jira and Confluence).
- A breadth of understanding covering Cloud and Mobile applications and software development practices.
- Familiar with principles and structuring of relational and non-relational databases.
- Coding or using database query languages.
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems will be a distinct advantage.
Qualifications and Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Business, or other related field.
- Candidates without degrees, but with demonstrated work experience, will be equally considered.
- Minimum two years’ work experience with previous exposure to Technical Support roles.
- Established background in prototyping for customer trials and iterative development.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a flexible and learning-oriented work environment and the opportunity to be part of a world-leading clean technology success story.
To arrange a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be available for interview in Auckland, and legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
For further information about the company, visit www.wdtl.com [link removed] and our LinkedIn page.
Please include both cover letter and CV with your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have working in an agile environment?
- Which of the following issue and bug tracking software do you have experience with?
- Do you have experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the software development lifecycle?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?