This role will appeal to a Cloud Application Developer who gets excited by new technology, and is open to learning and applying themselves to new things as well as working in, and supporting, our core infrastructure and application technologies.
We are now looking to expand our Cloud development team with a seasoned developer in the Cloud or server application development space.
Our small and very proficient development team has produced an industry leading IoT solution built on a variety of software technologies:
- A Docker Containerised Parse Server based on NodeJS + ExpressJS + MongoDB
- AWS based highly available cloud solution servicing 300+ customer environments
- Android and iOS Apps (Native, Flutter, Adobe Air)
- Windows Desktop Apps
You have hands-on experience with Cloud best practice, secure coding, architecture and operations, preferably where high availability and large user base is understood.
Your knowledge of AWS or similar public cloud is important, with bonus points for any of:
- Linux servers
- Docker containers
- AWS EC2, ECS and/or Kubernetes
- Storage, Load Balancers, DNS
- Managing a large-scale MongoDB replica set
- CI/CD with Jenkins or similar
You’d fit into established processes, and contribute to future process or practice change and adaptation. Jenkins experience and associated scripting is included in your skill set and your interest.
You’ll be disciplined, careful, and have practical experience in resolving issues in the domain of large scale and live, mission-critical applications and best practices in areas such as:
- Resource usage and headroom (including costs)
- Data integrity
- CI / CD
- Automated testing
- Code reviews
- Source control
You’re a competent communicator and able to collaborate and manage the life-cycle of a new feature.
A willingness to contribute to all stages of the SDLC, depending on the needs of the team and the company at the time.
It is essential that applicants for this role have a tertiary qualification in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
We offer a competitive salary, a flexible and learning-oriented work environment, and the chance to participate in taking a world-leading Internet of Things success story to the next level.
To be considered for this role, suitably experienced and qualified applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be available for interview in Auckland.
Please include both your cover letter and CV with your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an applications developer?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a DevOps role?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Have you completed an Amazon Web Services DevOps Administrator certification?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?