Exciting opportunity for an experienced Mobile Application Developer to get involved in innovative products and become part of a highly talented software team.
Apply your passion for developing mobile applications with well structured, best practice, secure, clean code and great UI and UX, within an Agile workflow.
This role will appeal to developers who enjoy a varied work load and can self-manage.
Key to being successful will be a proven track record of at least seven years’ experience in working in a software development role, in either iOS development, Android development with an intrinsic knowledge of native code and may include some cross-platform work or interest in Flutter.
What we are looking for in the successful applicant:
Skills and competencies:
- In-depth experience of developing native mobile applications, and experience using cross-platform frameworks, with strength in any of: Bluetooth, Swift, Kotlin, Objective C, C++, Java, Flutter, Xamarin Forms.
- A flair for good user interface design (functional and visual).
- A desire to create maintainable, well-structured and architected clean code.
- Strong detail and procedural orientation, combined with the ability to keep to overall project delivery goals and processes.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong fluency in English.
- Ability to communicate technical matters to non-technical (or non-software) staff.
- Experience in working with IoT products.
- Any experience and interest in Adobe Air or Flex development, along with familiarity with the mobile app release lifecycle, releasing with the Apple AppStore and Google Play Store, will be an advantage.
The mobile team is an integral part of our software team covering cloud, web, and mobile applications, development and operations.
Products developed include IoT products, aspects of which are highly hardware and physical product interactive. Therefore, candidates must exhibit the breadth of understanding and experience needed to manage this diversity.
It is essential that applicants for this role have a tertiary qualification in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
We offer a competitive salary, a flexible and collaborative work environment, and the chance to participate in taking a world-leading Internet of Things success story to the next level.
Further information about the company can be found at wdtl.com and on our LinkedIn page.
To be considered for this role, suitably experienced and qualified applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be available for interview in Auckland.
Please include both your cover letter and CV in your application.
About Wellington Drive Technologies
Wellington Drive Technologies is a high-tech manufacturing company with a global footprint. Our equipment monitoring and proximity marketing solutions are used by major food and beverage brands worldwide.
Wellington’s passion is developing great refrigeration products that make our customers’ products better. We manufacture connected subsystems for commercial refrigeration that provide configurable, energy-saving thermostatic control, and asset-tracking and performance analysis, via integrated cloud analytics.
Wellington has offices in four countries, with a dispersed team across 12 countries, and manages supply chain, logistics and R&D for our family of hardware and software products from our headquarters in Auckland, New Zealand,
As the world moves ever faster to the delivery of reliable digital services and experiences, Wellington’s business is further evolving to support the changing needs and priorities of our broadening customer base.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of Android development experience do you have?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an iOS mobile developer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?
- How many years’ experience do you have working in an agile environment?