Wellington Drive Technologies is a high-tech manufacturing company with a global footprint. Our equipment monitoring and proximity marketing solutions are used by major food and beverage brands, and refrigeration equipment manufacturers worldwide.
Wellington’s passion is developing great refrigeration products that make our customers’ products better. We manufacture connected subsystems for commercial refrigeration that provide configurable, energy-saving thermostatic control, and asset-tracking and performance analysis, via integrated cloud analytics.
Wellington has offices in four countries, with a dispersed team across 12 countries, and manages supply chain, logistics and R&D for our family of hardware and software products from our headquarters in Auckland, New Zealand,
As the world moves ever faster to the delivery of reliable digital services and experiences, Wellington’s business is further evolving to support the changing needs and priorities of our broadening customer base.
We now have a career opening for a Product Owner – Digital Projects to join our Product Management Team.
This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial and creative technical professional who wants to learn and grow with a company that has strong focus on developing unique technical solutions for a variety of customer needs.
The Product Owner – Digital Products:
- Is ultimately responsible for ensuring the company is building the right digital products with the right features to meet our customers’ needs.
- Acts as the primary liaison across the technical and commercials functions of the business, maintaining close links with marketing, sales and engineering.
- Takes pride in being a customer advocate, able to clearly communicate and convey their needs across the entire business to drive collaboration and commitment.
- Works closely with global partners in the commercial team, and directly with customers, to co-develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch in collaboration with the engineering teams.
Successful candidate profile:
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, willing to flex the job definition to ensure success, as demonstrated by attitude and previous experience.
- Creative mindset with the ability to build and articulate a vision that enhances customer value and strengthens the company’s position in the marketplace.
- Growth focused approach – seeks learning by trying and focuses on prototyping and failing fast to drive business decisions.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Strategic thinker focused on execution, with the ability to balance technical and business requirements.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills. Calm under pressure, able to make informed decisions.
- A skilled communicator who can engage, influence and inspire others, achieving buy-in to collaboration and alignment to get the job done and grow business value.
- Essential: Must be fluent in English with either Advanced Portuguese or Spanish (preferably both).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Business, or other related field.
- Experience with Agile methodology and principles.
- 4+ years’ product development experience in applicable field.
- Proven track record delivering products and data-driven solutions with a customer-first mindset.
- Established background launching products in partnership with engineering teams.
- High degree of proficiency in prototyping for customer trials and iterative development.
- Knowledge of digital products for web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Experience with functional IoT requirements, including data management, visualization, and associated workflows.
- Informed understanding of user behaviour. Prior experience working with refrigeration equipment, field technicians, or equipment manufacturers is a big plus.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a flexible and learning-oriented work environment and the opportunity to be part of a world-leading clean technology success story.
To arrange a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand-based applicants must be available for interview in Auckland, and legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
For further information about the company, visit www.wdtl.com [link removed] and our LinkedIn page.
Please include both your cover letter and CV with your application.
Please note: this role can be based in Auckland, or ideally conveniently located close to our customers in Latin America. Candidates will need to be fluent in English and have at least one of Advanced Portuguese or Spanish (preferably both). Work From Home option would be considered should the role be based outside of New Zealand.