Wellington Drive Technologies is a high-tech manufacturing company with a global footprint. Our equipment monitoring and proximity marketing solutions are used by major food and beverage brands worldwide.
Wellington’s passion is developing great refrigeration products that make our customers’ products better. We manufacture connected subsystems for commercial refrigeration that provide configurable, energy-saving thermostatic control, and asset-tracking and performance analysis, via integrated cloud analytics.
Wellington has offices in four countries, with a dispersed team across 12 countries, and manages supply chain, logistics and R&D for our family of hardware and software products from our headquarters in Auckland, New Zealand,
As the world moves ever faster to the delivery of reliable digital services and experiences, Wellington’s business is further evolving to support the changing needs and priorities of our broadening customer base.
We are now looking for a Technical Project Manager, with strong electronics and firmware development experience, to plan and execute projects using solid project management skills. The Technical Project Manager is expected to lead and own the projects assigned to them and to provide technical oversight of the projects.
- Track record of delivering Product Development projects from the start of design to end of life
- Experience with stage gates processes and software release systems
- Electronics and embedded firmware development experience
- Strong understanding of design processes for electronic hardware, mechanical design and firmware or software release management processes
- A good understanding of power electronics and common physics would be an advantage
- You are comfortable with the uncertainty and fluidity of typical early stage R&D projects
- You are comfortable with gathering requirements and developing specifications with product and sales teams
- Ability to understand development electronics and mechanical content and plan accordingly
- Ability to understand firmware development and integrate into project development plans
- Strong detail and procedural orientation combined with the ability to maintain a strategic overview
- Experience in design of products for volume manufacturing in offshore facilities
- High level ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- It goes without saying that the successful candidate will be a good team fit and someone who can earn peoples’ respect
- Ability to mentor, coach and motivate.
What you need:
- 3+ years’ experience leading product development projects, either as a team leader or as a technical project manager with an emphasis on hardware/electronics.
- Experience in development of products for high volume manufacturing
- Project and program management experience
- Experience in leading cross-disciplinary teams and managing “mains powered devices” will be an advantage
- A willingness and ability to travel occasionally (travel restrictions allowing)
- Essential: BE/BSc in mechatronics or electronic engineering
- Another qualification would be acceptable if backed up by product development experience
- PMP certification or experience in using Scrum or Agile methodologies will be an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary, a flexible and learning-oriented work environment, and the chance to participate in taking a world-leading Internet of Things, clean-tech success story to the next level.
Further information about the company can be found at wdtl.com and also on our LinkedIn page.
To be considered for this role, suitably experienced and qualified applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be available for interview in Auckland.
Please include both your cover letter and CV with your application.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a project manager?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in electronics engineering?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the product development lifecycle?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a team manager?
- Have you completed a qualification in project management?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an electronics engineer?